A&M-Texarkana Announces 2016 Homecoming Week Events
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is gearing up for a fun-filled 2016 Homecoming Week, beginning Monday, Sept. 26, and ending Saturday, October 1.
The A&M-Texarkana Alumni Association has two special events planned during Homecoming Week—the 2016 Eagle Roundup: A Community Celebration of Distinguished Alumni and Faculty on Thursday, Sept. 29, at 6:30 p.m. in Eagle Hall of the University Center and the 2016 Eagle Chili Fest and Tailgate Party at 3 p.m. on game day in the Bringle Lake Village parking lot adjacent to Eagle Field.
“Homecoming offers us a special opportunity to show our pride in being members of the Eagle family,” said Dr. Emily Cutrer, president of A&M-Texarkana. “Gathering with friends of this great university to cheer for our soccer teams is a terrific way to spend an early fall afternoon and evening. Go Eagles!”
Celeste McNiel, director of Student Life, said the university will host a variety of events that will be of interest to and open to the community.
“We would love to see everyone join in the homecoming week fun and come out to Eagle Field for the homecoming game,” McNiel said. “We are so grateful to be a part of the Texarkana community and to have the support of the citizens and businesses of the region.”
The schedule of A&M-Texarkana 2016 Homecoming Week activities is as follows:
Monday, Sept. 26
- Chalk the Walk featuring the Jason Helms Band, 6PM., University Center Lawn
Tuesday, Sept. 27
Wednesday, Sept. 28
- Rally on the Lawn, 12-1PM., University Center Lawn
Thursday, Sept. 29
- Eagle Roundup: A Celebration of Distinguished Alumni and Faculty 6:30PM, Eagle Hall, University Center
- Bonfire and Senior Torchlight Parade, 8:30PM., University Center Lawn
Friday, Sept. 30
- Homecoming Dance, 8PM., Eagle Hall, University Center
Saturday, October 1st:
- Eagle Chili Fest and Tailgate Party, 3PM., Bringle Lake Village Parking Lot
- Women's Soccer Match, 5PM., Eagle Field
- Homecoming King and Queen Announcement, 6:30PM., Eagle Field
- Men's Soccer Match, 7PM., Eagle Field
Homecoming T-shirts are available for purchase online.
“Homecoming is an exciting time for our students, alumni, current and former faculty, staff and the community,” said Mark Missildine of the Alumni Relations office. “We hope the entire Texarkana community will join us in painting the town maroon and navy and in celebrating a growing tradition at A&M-Texarkana.”