Mardi Gras Themed Eagle Open House
A Mardi Gras themed open house is happening Saturday, February 20, at Texas A&M-Texarkana.
Beads, masks, zydeco and jazz will be the order of the day at the spring 2016 Eagle Open House in the University Center at the Bringle Lake Campus.
The Mardi Gras-themed event promises to be both informative and entertaining for prospective A&M-Texarkana students and their family members. The public is invited.
Registration is from 9:45-10:15AM. in the lobby of the University Center.
Following is the schedule of events:
10:15-10:30 a.m. – Welcome and Schedule Overview – Eagle Hall, University Center
10:30-11 a.m. – Overview of Colleges by Deans – Eagle Hall
11-11:45 a.m. – First Year Experience, Advising, TRiO and Admissions – Eagle Hall
11:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. – Lunch – Eagle Hall and Eagle Café
12:30-1:05 p.m. – Breakout Session I
1:10-1:45 p.m. – Breakout Session II
1:50-2:25 p.m. – Breakout Session III
2:30-3 p.m. – Door Prizes/Closing – Eagle Hall
- “Are you cold? Come sit in the corner. It is 90 degrees.” – Presented by the College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – University Center 249
- “It would be an honor.” – Presented by the University Honors Program – University Center 229
- “Get me on ‘Shark Tank’!” – Presented by the College of Business – University Center 232
- “Empowerment through education and perspective” – Presented by the College of Education and Liberal Arts – University Center 230
- “Eat, fly, live” – Presented by Student Life – University Center 210
- “Time to be an Eagle” – Session for transfer students presented by the Office of Admissions – University Center 248
- “Show me the money!” – Presented by the Office of Financial Aid – University Center 217
The exhibit hall will be open from 11:45 a.m. to 2:25 p.m. Participants will receive tickets to the Eagles baseball doubleheader against Bethany College at 3 p.m. at George Dobson Field at Spring Lake Park in Texarkana, Texas.
For more information and to register, visit their website.