Question of the Day: Work Spouse or nah?
Having a work wife or work husband has become more and more popular in the workplace. A work spouse refers to a co-worker, usually of the opposite sex, with whom one shares a special relationship, having bonds similar to those of a marriage.
So, the question is... Is this type relationship acceptable? Take the poll below, and let us know what you think.
Here are seven clear signs you might have a work spouse:
1. You depend on a particular co-worker for office supplies, snacks and aspirin.
2. There are inside jokes that you and a specific co-worker share.
3. You can be bluntly honest with this person about his or her appearance, hygiene or hair (and vice versa). You're comfortable enough to point out that the other's hair is sticking up -- or that someone's fly is down.
4. When something eventful happens at work, this co-worker is the first person you seek out for a de-briefing.
5. At breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks, your closest co-worker knows what to order for you and how you like your coffee (and vice versa).
6. You and your co-worker can finish each other's sentences.
7. Someone in your office knows almost as much about your personal life as your best friend or real-life spouse does.