Baby Boy Black Rhino Needs A Name At The Little Rock Zoo
I knew when the big announcement came in about the new baby that one day in the not too distant future, the Little Rock Zoo would most likely have a naming contest for the little guy. Guess what? It's time to name a Baby Black Rhino and you get to do it.
Not Long Ago, In A Land Not So Far Away
Remember back in November we made the announcement that Andazi and Johari were the proud parents of a baby eastern black rhinoceros calf. We now know that baby was a boy, and at birth, he was somewhere between 50 and 100 pounds.
The mother is Andazi, a 15-year-old rhino and a resident of the Little Rock Zoo since 2010. The father is 26-year-old Johari, living at the Zoo since he was three.
What Are The Choices?
Glad you asked:
- Kevin - He would be named for an English Cricket player who has turned into a conservationist for Rhinos. Very well known in the Rhino saving world.
- Hatari - Means "Danger" in Swahili.
- Enzi - Means "Powerful" in Swahili.
- Thunder - His mother, Andazi, enjoys being outside during thunderstorms, it was also storming the night he was born.
- Clint - As in, "Clint Black Rhino".
Those are your choices, now go vote, the voting is over Monday, January 17 at 5 PM.
For more information on black rhinos, zoo memberships, or any other questions about the Little Rock Zoo, visit www.littlerockzoo.com or call 501-661-7208.