Mardi Gras Texarkana – Parade Route + 5 More Things to Know
Mardi Gras Texarkana is this Saturday, March 2. Here are six things you need to know!
1. Mardi Gras on Front Street will take place on Front Street in downtown Texarkana from 10AM to 5PM.
2. Admission to the event is FREE!
3. It will be fun of all ages. There will be a Kids Area with bounce houses, mask making, face painting, Selfie Station plus games like Cornhole, washers and horseshoes. Lots of Craft and Food Vendors, a VIP Beer Garden plus live music.
4. There are 3 parades:
- 11am - Krewe of Barkus, Meoux and Little Rascals: pets and kids of all ages to enter and can include decorating wagons, bikes, strollers, tricycles, and wheelchairs.
- 1pm - Zany Cajun Parade: golf carts, side by sides and atv’s.
- 3pm - Krewe of Koinonia Parade: Mardi Gras floats, antique and classic vehicles.
5. Teams in the Beast Feast Cooking Competition will have samples to taste for a small fee that will go toward Harvest Regional Food Bank. $10 for 10 samples.
6. Here's the parade route for the main parade starting a 3PM.