Keeta King’s Thoughts on Tyler Perry’s Acrimony
Last night (Thursday night), I went to go see Tyler Perry's Acrimony. Well, I will just say this.... any man who even considers using and/or manipulating a woman now has two hours of film to help the reconsider.
Friends who had seen the movie, gave it conflicting reviews. Therefore, I had to go check it out for myself. Below are my six thoughts/feelings after watching Tyler Perry's Acrimony.
1. Would I go so the movie again? Yes, but not because it was one of my favs. I would go see it again, just to see what I missed. I left the theater feeling as though I didn't pick up on a couple of things until the end that were very important.
2. I went in with preconceived knowledge of what this movie was all about. In my head, I knew the beginning through to the end and figured this it would be as predictable as some of Tyler Perry's other movies. However, I was surprised, and you will be too.
3. I left very conflicted... While the woman in me understands what fuels Melinda's, (Taraji's character) wrath, I also felt that Robert (Lyriq Bent) made some notable gestures to right a wrong.
4. I realized exactly why TLC said they "Don't want no scrubs". lol
5. I left pondering the question... What, if any, is the expiration date on "sticking by your man"?
6. Lastly, I realized it is a norm to raise a man or woman for their future spouse.
Well, hopefully I didn't give away too much, yet enough to peak your interest a bit.
You can visit https://www.fandango.com/cinemark-texarkana-14-aatcd/theater-page for a list of showings. \
Click below to check out the trailer below.