Looking For Something Awesome To Do This Weekend In Texarkana?
From great live music from some awesome local bands to the big Dowton Texarkana Live event you will find 7 awesome things to do this weekend in Texarkana.
1. Dowtown Live. Come to downtown Texarkana and experience our thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. You can also see the progress on the 'Open Alley'. This is what the organizers had to say about this event:
During the May Downtown Live! event, stroll the newly-paved alley behind the north side of Broad Street connecting State Line Avenue with Kress Gap, & join a soft-launch of the proposed Activated Alley TXK, an outdoor public space sheltered by the charming historical brick walls of downtown Texarkana’s storied past.
2. Great Live Music In Texarkana. It is a weekend for duos. From Alex and Liv To Heather Linn And Jase Bryant, you can find some great music this weekend in Texarkana.
3. The Outdoor Garage Sale and Electronics Recycling day. The fun takes place at Spring Lake Park in Texarkana Texas from 8 AM to 3 PM on Saturday.
4. The Farmer's Market in Texarkana Texas is open for its third weekend in the new location. You can see all of the details here.
5. You can rent a bike or bring your own on Fridays to "A Cycle Through Public Art". It all takes place a the Museum of Regional History at 219 Ststaeline in historic downtown Texarkana.
6. Gateway Farmers Market. The Market on the Texarkana Arkansas side will be open on Saturday. All the details are here.
7. What makes our downtown post office unique? Go downtown and take your picture at The Texarkana Post office. The only post office in the United States that's in two states.
LOOK: Food history from the year you were born
From product innovations to major recalls, Stacker researched what happened in food history every year since 1921, according to news and government sources.