Texas Has Millions of Dollars in Unclaimed Funds, Is Some Yours?
Did you know that the state of Texas has millions of dollars in unclaimed funds? Last year they had $300 Million in unclaimed property. Just think you might have some money owed to you and you didn't even realize it. It's easy to find out if there is money just waiting for you.
When they say 'unclaimed property' according to the Texas Comptroller's website that includes:
- dividend, payroll or cashier's checks
- stocks, bonds or mutual fund accounts
- utility deposits and other refunds
- bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
- insurance proceeds
- mineral interest or royalty payments
- court deposits, trust funds or escrow accounts
- overpayments on insurance, utilities and other bills
It's super easy to find out if you have any unclaimed property. Just go to claimittexas.org and type in your name and city. Be sure to try other cities you have lived in and girls don't forget your maiden names too. You should also check family members' names including family members that may have passed away.
There is no deadline for unclaimed property. The funds will remain in the hands of the state of Texas indefinitely until they are returned to their rightful owner. We could all use a little money right now so go ahead and see if you have any money coming to you.
What Are the Signature Drinks From Every State?
KEEP READING: Here are the most popular baby names in every state