As School Starts – Time to Remember These Laws and Guidelines For Driving in School Zones And School Buses
School starts today for Texarkana, Arkansas and Pleasant Grove schools too. It's time to go over some of the laws and guidelines for driving in school zones and school buses.
The Texarkana, Arkansas Police posted these reminders on their Facebook page.
• It is illegal to pass a school bus from any direction while the busses’ red lights are flashing.
• Put your cell phone down!!! Texting and social media is a distraction as well as illegal!
• Most school zone speed limits and boundaries are clearly marked and should be strictly followed. 15 miles per hour is the maximum speed within school zones.
• Remember to watch for kids, because they may not be watching for you.
• Parents should take care when dropping their children off in school driveways.
• Parents should always remind their children to watch for other vehicles that are pulling through driveways and always look both ways before crossing a school driveway.
Patrol Officers will be working in school zones at the beginning and end of each school day. These officers, along with the on campus school resource officers, will take enforcement actions dealing with criminal violations that occur on school property. In addition, the patrol officers will often spend time walking through the school during the day to ensure the safety of both our children and faculty.