Jim Weaver With Poison Ivy Lesson #2
The year 2015 was the year I learned poison ivy lesson #1. I'm apparently susceptible to it. This past weekend I learned lesson #2.
That lesson is fairly straightforward I guess.
Lesson #2: If you're wearing a hat when you get poison ivy all over your head and face, don't wear that hat again.
At least don't do it unless you have done something to get the poison ivy oils out of that hat. Of course, I had to learn that lesson the hard way. Seems like that's the only way I learn things anymore.
Obviously, this lesson should apply to anything that comes in contact with those itch-producing oils from the poison ivy or poison oak plants. I don't think we have sumac around here so that should be a big worry for those of us who live in the Ark-La-Tex.
This would include your pillowcase and sheets as well. Anything that stuff may have come in contact with. Apparently just because you haven't worn it in a while doesn't mean it can't happen to you. All it takes is a little sweat to start the whole process all over again.