My Take On The Debate & Funniest Social Media Moments
Last night President Donald Trump and democratic candidate, Joe Biden faced off in the first 2020 presidential debate..... and woooowee! What a pissing match the American people ha to endure for an hour and a half.
I think we all turned the TV off last night and went to bed with the same question.... What just happened? In all the years I've watched presidential debates, Ii've NEVER witnessed anything like it. There was a time or two when I closed my ears. I have to admit I was completely embarrassed.
Potus came out of the gate on 10, over talking Biden... Over talking moderator Chris Wallace, and basically spewed venom and bulldozed through the entire debate. It was embarrassing to say the least. In my opinion, both candidates disrespected the office of president last night. Biden let his opponent get to him, and it became a fight between two elderly 4-year-olds. The American people deserve better. We didn't lose an hour and a half of life to watch the current president of the United States bully his opponent and the moderator in front of the whole world. The American people tuned in with the hopes of getting answers. Instead we got the following:
- POTUS bulldozing his way through the entire debate from beginning to end.
- Biden calling the president a clown
- POTUS telling white supremacy groups to "Stand back and stand by" when asked by the moderator if he would condemn white supremacists and militia groups (Proud Boys).
- Biden telling POTUS to shut up. (I have to admit... he said what I was thinking)
- POTUS taking a very personal low jab at Biden's son who had nothing at all to do with any topic covered last night.
- Biden allowing POTUS to drag him into the $#!t show by responding with personal information about his son.
So now that you know how I feel about last's nights comedy show. Check out below what the internet had to say about it. Here are some of the funniest comments.
View this post on Instagram
Last night, the highest position in America refused to condemn white supremacy. And I don’t know what’s more disheartening: the fact that my children witnessed the highest position side with the oppressor, or that some of my friends and family who claim to love my children, side with the oppressor. Good morning. ☕️ #GoodMorning #WowWednesday #HeSaidWhatHeSaid #ISaidWhatISaid #USA #Vote #BlackLivesMatter #Amen #Smh #Sad #Wow #ThisMatters
The next debate will take place between VP Pence and Senator Kamala Harris, democratic VP candidate. It is set for October 7, 8 p.m. in Salt Lake City. Although I believe this debate will be much more civilized, I'm not so sure I want to sit through another one sober. lol