TISD Student Packet Pickup Friday
Texarkana Independent School District will have student packet pickup on Friday.
All grade level At-Home Learning activity packets will be available for distribution on Friday, March 27, from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Packets will include:
● 10 Day Schedule
● ELAR/Science/Math/Social Studies Learning Activities
● List of additional learning resources
● All packets will be retained by the student until normal school attendance occurs
For preschool and elementary school students:
● Parents/Guardians may obtain a packet by:
○ Picking up a packet from the student’s home campus on Friday, March 27 from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
○ Contacting the campus front office to have a packet emailed or directly mailed to the home address.
For middle and high school students:
● Parents/Guardians or students may obtain a packet by:
○ Picking up a packet from the home campus or their closest neighborhood elementary location on Friday, March 27 from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
■ Texas Middle School - 2100 College Drive (pick-up at Circle Drive off College Drive)
■ Texas High School - 2112 Kennedy Lane (pick-up from Employee Parking Lot off Kennedy Lane)
■ Elementary locations
Dunbar Early Education Center – 2315 West 10th Street
Highland Park Elementary – 401 West 25th Street
Nash Elementary – 100 Burton Street
Spring Lake Park Elementary – 4324 Ghio Fish Boulevard
Theron Jones Early Literacy Center – 2600 West 15th Street
Wake Village Elementary – 400 Wildcat Drive
Westlawn Elementary – 410 Westlawn Drive
○ Contacting the campus front office to have a packet emailed or directly mailed to the home address
○ Accessing via Google Classroom
Students who receive special services through any of the following programs should request a packet by student name at the campus the student attends.
● Accelerated PreAP Math 6 - 8 grade
● 504 Services
● Dyslexia Services
● English as a Second Language (ESL) or Bilingual Services
● Special Education and Related Services
All packets will be distributed using a “drive-through” protocol. Families will remain in their vehicles and appropriate packets will be handed to them.
Basic school supplies will be available. If parents are in need of supplies, please let the staff know when picking-up your students learning materials.
Teachers will make calls twice a week to check-in on the students’ progress, provide additional support and answer any questions. The call will not necessarily be coming from a TISD line so you may see “No Caller ID” or “Restricted” pop us as the incoming call. Please answer.
GRAB-AND-GO MEALS BEGINNING MARCH 30
Beginning Monday, March 30, our Grab-And-Go Meal pick-up times will be from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. at the following locations:
Theron Jones Early Literacy Center - 2600 West 15th Street (front entrance)
Texas Middle School - 2100 College Drive (pick-up at Circle Drive off of College Drive)
Town North Apartments – 4624 Elizabeth Street (complex parking lot via our Tiger Food Truck)