Gov Abbott and Other State Governors Outline 10-Point Plan to Fight Border Crises
Texas Governor Greg Abbott held a press conference yesterday with nine other state governors in Mission, Texas for discussions of the continuing crisis at the border and what can be done to keep communities safe during President Joe Biden's open border policies.
There was much discussion of the far-reaching impact of the disastrous open-border policies of the Biden administration and the upsurge of fentanyl in communities across the nation, not just border states.
The governors took the time as well to outline a 10-point plan for President Biden that would end the crisis:
- Continue Title 42 public health restrictions
- Fully reinstate the Migrant Protection Protocols
- Finish securing the border
- End catch and release
- Clear the judicial backlog
- Resume the deportation of all criminals
- Dedicate federal resources to eradicate human trafficking and drug trafficking
- Re-enter all agreements with our Northern Triangle partners and Mexico
- Send a clear message to potential migrants
- Deploy more federal law enforcement officers
The Governor of Texas reiterated his commitment to bringing as many resources online as necessary in Texas' fight to secure the border. Those include Operation Lone Star plus his own 10-point plan of actions the Great State of Texas has already taken to secure our border:
- Signed laws providing $3 billion funding for Texas' border security efforts
- Deployed thousands of National Guard and Department of Public Safety officers
- Created a system to arrest and jail illegal migrants trespassing in Texas
- Signed a budget authorization to build the border wall in Texas
- Signed a law to make it easier to prosecute smugglers bringing people into Texas
- Signed 9 laws cracking down on human trafficking in Texas
- Created a law that makes it a crime to manufacture or distribute fentanyl
- Issued a disaster declaration for border counties
- Issued an executive order preventing non-governmental entities from transporting illegal immigrants
- Continuing to enforce the Remain in Mexico and Title 42 policies in Texas
The other state governors in attendance included Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, Idaho Governor Brad Little, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte, Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt, Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon. Plus Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw, Texas Division of Emergency Management Chief Nim Kidd, Texas Military Department Adjutant General Tracy Norris and Deputy Adjutant General Monie R. Ulis, and National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd.
"The Biden Administration's open border policies have led to complete chaos at the southern border, and pose a threat to the safety of Texans and all Americans," said Governor Abbott. "Texas has stepped up to keep our communities safe and mitigate this crisis ourselves, and our efforts have been made stronger by the support and assistance of governors from across the nation. I thank the state governors who are here with me today for their support and for visiting the border to see firsthand the ramifications of President Biden's disastrous policies. Together, we are sending a strong message to the Biden Administration that we will not tolerate their refusal to secure the border — and we will continue to do whatever it takes to keep our communities safe."
"We’re not going to sit around while Biden refuses to act," said Governor Ducey. "We’ve tried to meet with the president and be part of the solution, but he refuses. No, worse — he ignores us, just like he’s ignoring the border and the well-being of the American people. If the president won’t meet with us, then we’ll share our policy ideas today. Hopefully he will hear our solutions and begin to act."
The latest reports have a surge of 60,000+ migrants headed to the Texas border through Mexico. The Federal Government is doing nothing to stop it.
See 20 Ways America Has Changed Since 9/11
LOOK: What are the odds that these 50 totally random events will happen to you?