Updated: Stores Open & Closed Thanksgiving Day in Arkansas & Texas
Wondering what stores will be open and what stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day this year? Looks like the pendulum is swinging back to the good ol' days, as more and more stores are saying they will be closed this Thanksgiving Day and will leave the Black Friday deals to Black Friday. Today Target made a big announcement.
Target will be closed this Thanksgiving Day and now every Thanksgiving Day in years to come.
According to KARK.com, the Target CEO Brian Cornel was quoted in a letter to employees stating;
“What started as a temporary measure driven by the pandemic is now our new standard — one that recognizes our ability to deliver on our guests’ holiday wishes both within and well beyond store hours,”
Here is a list of the stores that have stated they will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Albertsons: Open 6 AM to 10PM
- Bass Pro Shops: Stores will be open from 8 AM to 6PM
- Big Lots: Last year, select locations were open 7 AM to 1 PM
- Cabela's: Stores will be open from 8 AM to 6 PM
- CVS: Stores will be open on Thanksgiving, but customers are advised to check for specific hours.
- Dollar General: Stores will be open from 7 AM to 5 PM
- Family Dollar: The store opens at 8 AM to 9 PM .
- Five Below: The store opens at 6 PM to 1 AM
- Kroger: Most stores normally open 6 AM to Midnight.
- Michaels: opens at 6 PM to midnight.
- Old Navy: Opens 3 PM on Thanksgiving and stay open through Black Friday.
- Walgreens: Most 24-hour stores should still remain open all day.
- Whole Foods Market: stores will be open. Check their website for hours as we get closer to Thanksgiving.
Stores that are Closed? It's definitely a longer list!
- Ashley Furniture
- Barnes & Noble
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Best Buy
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Forever 21
- Home Depot
- J.C. Penny's
- TJ Maxx
- Trader Joe's
LOOK: Here Are the 25 Best Thanksgiving movies of all time
LOOK: 20 tips to help your houseplants survive the winter