Top 5 Romantic Ideas for Valentine’s Day in the Texarkana Area
Valentine's Day is February 14 and many people will say it's a day that has become too commercialized and we've forgotten the true message of what this day represents. Whether you agree with me or not, Valentine's Day is a day set aside once a year to show your significant other how much you love and appreciate them for all they do year round. There are many ways in which to show your gratitude, from the simplest of things to the exquisite, depending on the type of person you are.
I have put together a list of Valentine's Day ideas in the Texarkana area that will turn her into your Juliette and you into her Romeo.
1. Take your sweetheart on a scavenger hunt around town. Ask her to answer riddles to find clues to items you have placed around town. The last item should lead her to your Valentine's Day surprise or activities. May I suggest a surrey ride downtown and a Valentine's dinner at Pecan Point Gastro Pub & Brewing Company. A gourmet four-course dinner with wine, beer, and cocktail pairings. Cost $75 per person plus tax and gratuity, reservation required. For more information go to their Facebook page.
2. Give your wife a dozen red roses. On each rose stem attached a small note that lets her know of a future date. For example, tickets to a concert, her favorite movie, favorite place to eat. And you could start that date by having her picked up in a private limo and whisked off to dinner at the Twisted Fork. A special Valentine's dinner would be one prepared by Chef Jeff Loving (perfect name) and live music. For time and reservations visit their Facebook page or website.
3. Nothing says "I Love You" like a surprise getaway. And if you have kids, make arrangements to have your kids stay at their grandparents, babysitters, or other relatives. Have 11 roses delivered to your wife or girlfriend and when the roses arrive, give her the 12th rose with a handwritten note telling her of her surprise getaway. May I suggest, Lookout Point Lakeside Bed & Breakfast Inn located in Hot Springs, Ark.? Make prior arrangements with the manager to have candles lit in the room, chocolate covered strawberries, and a romantic CD of songs playing.
4. If possible, go on a date to the restaurant where you first met and put together a list of your favorite memories of your first date together and share the list. Or you could take her back in time to Old Washington State Park in Arkansas and enjoy a romantic Victorian candlelight dinner in the historic Williams Tavern Restaurant. A surrey ride, live entertainment, and a delicious dinner are all part of the evening. Reservations required.
5. And if you just want to keep it simple, stay at home and order some take out food for a picnic on your living room floor. Spread a blanket and have some romantic music playing to set the mood and light some candles for the ambiance. After the two of you finish your meal ask your significant other to slow dance with you. Give her a massage or maybe, even watch a romantic movie together. Yes, fellas you can do this. After all that, you can imagine what this could lead to, a very romantic evening for just the two of you.
Even though these ideas are great for Valentine's Day they can be applied anytime of the year. I remember a famous quote by Jean De La Bruyere, "The Sweetest of all Sounds is That of the Voice of the Woman we Love."
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!